I feature a few guest posts on Explore Mediterranean life each month to:
- Give readers a fresh perspective or discover new things or places in Mediterranean.
- Introduce them to other talented writers.
- Help other bloggers connect with the lovely ExploreMediterranean.com readers.
If you’d like to have a guest post featured on Mediterranean.life, please email us a two-sentence bio, a link to your blog and the headline of your suggested post.Email us
We will decide whether we would like to see an outline of your post. We will email you back and ask for an outline.
If we decide to go ahead and have you write the post, these are the guest post submission guidelines.
Guest Post Guidelines for ExploreMediterranean.com
- Content – All content must be written by you and never used before anywhere else on the Internet. Please make sure the post is useful. Try to include tips that the readers can use and benefit from immediately and write a hypnotic headline.
- Readability – Make your post well formatted and scannable: include headers, sub-headers, use bold text for emphasis or use numbered or bullet pointed lists.
- Double check – Please edit and proofread your post carefully.
- Originality – All content must be original and between 1000 and 2000 words long.
- Credits – Add a two sentence credit at the end of the post which begins with your name and can include one link.
- Formatting – Write the post as a draft post on your blog, then copy and paste the HTML into an email or send it as a .txt attachment. Make sure there aren’t any tags specifying fonts or <span> tags
- Images – Attach two to five suitable images so I can choose one or more. If the image is a creative commons licence mention the credits and link. Try using Flickr – do an Advanced Search and check the box that says only search within Creative Commons. Or add links to suggested Royalty Free images.
- Photo credits – Please place them right at the end of your post (after your byline).
- Image size – 1200 pixels wide.
- No affiliate links.
Be patient. If you’ve done the best job possible and triple checked your blog post so it’s flawless it should be featured here soon.
After your guest post goes live you should:
- Promote your blog post to your readers and followers on your blog and other social media accounts.
- Check, read and reply to comments on your blog post.
Not ready to guest post yet? I look forward to getting to know you and hope to share one of your posts here when you’re ready.